What Do You Mean By Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Our oral health is connected to our overall health and well-being. Therefore, it is crucial to take care of your teeth at home and also through professional means. But how do you fix the problem of damaged and decayed teeth in both of your upper or lower jaws? Is there any way of solving this kind of issue? Dental surgical treatments like full mouth reconstruction or restoration can easily solve these problems. This procedure is highly recommended for people born with severe facial deformities that affect their teeth and gums.
It is also required for individuals who have suffered severe oral and facial injuries in an accident. But what exactly is a full mouth reconstruction treatment? Full mouth reconstruction can be defined as a surgical procedure or a set of procedures that brings back the proper functioning of a person’s teeth and gums. It is also capable of eliminating problems like neuromuscular problems, headaches, and neck aches.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate for This Treatment?
Several factors can make a person suitable for this surgical procedure. They are as follows:
- Headaches and issues in the jaw and facial muscles due to severe cases of malocclusion.
- Severe damage and decay to full sets of teeth both in upper and lower jawlines.
- Serious injury or trauma to the teeth and gums.
- Hard and soft tissues that are fractured due to an accident.
- Teeth that are extremely worn out as a result of the long-term consummation of acidic foods and beverages.
- Teeth that have suffered major damage due to teeth grinding or bruxism.
The Procedures Needed for This Treatment
It is crucial to consult your dental surgeon to know the specific procedures that are needed before undergoing full mouth reconstruction. They are as follows:
- Periodontal cleaning and teeth cleaning.
- Gum Contouring
- The lengthening of your dental crowns.
- Reduction of your natural oral structure.
- Surgery to reposition your jaw.
- Placement of temporary dental restorations
- Soft tissue or bone graft.
- Other orthodontic procedures.
- Implant placement and restoration.
- Placement of permanent dental restorations like dental bridges, crowns, and veneers.
The Benefits of This Treatment
While full mouth reconstruction or rehabilitation treatment is considered as a cosmetic procedure for many people, it also has some significant health benefits:
- It gives you a new mouth and a beautiful smile.
- It removes all plaque and tartar as well as bacterial colonies from your teeth and gums.
- Averts serious gum diseases.
- It also adds to the bone mass of the jaws by bone grafting.
- It can even cure issues related to TMJ.
Therefore, we hope our blog has helped you to learn about full mouth reconstruction treatment and its benefits. If you need the best reconstructive surgeries in Winchester, VA, then please visit us at Smiles of Virginia Family Dental Center. We ensure an enjoyable experience for the first visit of your family members.