Are you suffering from tooth loss? Whether it is due to tooth decay, injury to the mouth, gum problem, plaque or tartar build-up, or poor oral hygiene, tooth loss is a really common concern. The invention of implant dentistry has definitely transformed the technique of replacement of teeth. It is clear that, with the help of these tools, you can restore your confident smile! You can think of Dental Implants as artificial tooth roots, which looks similar to screws. The screws are titanium cylinders that are joined into the jawbone surgically, where there are missing teeth just below the gums. When they get implanted, they join with your natural bone. They in fact, turn to be a solid base and render support to one or more artificial teeth, called ‘crowns’. Along with that, you will find that these new teeth will feel, look and perform absolutely as normal as your original ones.
- Subperiosteal implants (on the bone) – This procedure is done to patients who are not capable of wearing conventional dentures and do lack healthy bone.
- Endosteal implants (in the jawbone) – This kind of implant surgery is normally done as a substitute for patients with bridges or removable dentures.
When should you consider getting Dental Implants?
Any person suffering from any type of chronic disorders like diabetes or heart disease, HIV, having radiation therapy of the head or neck, chemotherapy or are a heavy smoker, then the specialist will first thoroughly check your medical history and examine you on an individual basis. For any patients, who have healthy gums and strong bones to hold the implant; can think about getting an implantation.
What Will Your Dentist Do In Winchester, VA?
In Winchester, VA, our Specialist and team of trained dentists who have experience in oral surgery and restorative dentistry will examine you. The doctor will then draft a suitable treatment plan in which your specific needs will be addressed. We are equipped with modern-day technology for restoring your missing tooth. And we make dental implant restoration customized to your unique situation. So you need not worry!
Advantages of Implants
- Very durable and will last long if you take proper care and follow good oral habits.
- Natural look and comfortable fit
- Improve your ability to eat and chew
- High success rate in this kind of surgery
- Enhance your facial and bone structure
- No possibility of falling off as they are permanent
Cost of Implants
The cost of the Dental Implants surgery may vary as it depends on the number and types of implants required, the location of the implants within the jaw and if there is a need for any further procedures to prepare the mouth for surgery. If you are looking to get your implants done, the cost ranges from $3,000 to $4,500 per implant approximately. Consult your dentist and improve the way you smile!