Most people do not enjoy traditional dentures because they must be removed at all times and may slide around within your mouth while you speak or chew. If you’re tired of dealing with such problems, implant-retained dentures may be the best option for you. Unlike traditional dentures, these dentures are permanently connected to your implants and cannot be removed. They have the same look and feel as your natural teeth and are very secure and comfortable. Our dentists at Smiles Of Virginia have answered all your questions related to implant-supported dentures.
What Are Implant-Supported Dentures?
Implant-supported dentures are attached to your dental implants instead of your gums. These are usually placed in the lower jaw because they need the most amount of support. If you have adequate jawbone to sustain your implant your Winchester dentist might ask you to get these dentures.
How Much Do Implant-Supported Dentures Cost?
The exact estimate usually depends on several factors and the cost also greatly varies. Your dental insurance plan is also a deciding factor in this case. However, you can expect the price to be somewhere around $6000 in the case of 2 implants. The cost of immediate-supported dentures could be more depending on the number of implants you require, your area of residence, and your oral health condition. It is best to ask your dentist in Winchester for the exact cost.
What Are The Benefits Of Implant-Supported Dentures?
Now that we have a basic understanding of implant-retained dentures let us find out the benefits of using them. Your favorite Winchester dentist has listed a few of them below.
- Very stable and can provide a lot of support to the implants.
- No chance of falling off or sliding inside your mouth as they are attached to your implants. This makes them a very convenient option.
- Look extremely natural and can easily blend in with your original set of teeth.
- Helps to improve your smile and your overall appearance.
- Can improve the functionality of your teeth to a considerable extent.
- Fits perfectly which helps you to improve your confidence as well.
- Prevents any sort of bone loss. Implant-supported dentures promote the formation of bone cells and stop your jawbone from disintegrating.
- No more restrictions on diet. These dentures get rid of all the difficulties you might experience while chewing your food.
How To Take Care Of Implant-Supported Dentures?
It is essential to take good care of any dental device to ensure that they last longer. It is the same for implant-supported dentures as well. Follow these instructions by your favorite dentist in Winchester to make sure that your dentures last for a long time.
- If your implant-supported dentures have not been fastened into the proper position, then you must brush your teeth, tongue, gums, and roof of the mouth properly before putting them on.
- Before brushing. Rinse your dentures thoroughly to remove all leftover food particles.
- You must rinse your dentures after every meal as well.
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and a non-abrasive cleaner to clean your dentures
- Keep your dentures in plain water when you are not using them.
We hope this blog has addressed all your questions related to implant-supported dentures. Get in touch with us at Smiles Of Virginia if you are looking for the best implant-supported dentures in Winchester, VA.